Hobby goals for 2018

Hey Everyone, 
So every year I try to put out a list for some hobby goals to knock out over the year to get me a sense of what I need to do. I find this helps and as I achieve it and look back I see if I got everything right. Last year my goal changed abit and I got what I wanted completed and I got my main army of 30k Luna Wolves complete up to 10k and for right now I don't want to expand them to much. This year my goals are going to be abit differant and have some secondary goals if I get through the main goals. 

Main Goals 
Iron Warriors
So my next legion is going to be the Iron IV and a few factors played into making this my next legion. One of the things is this will be a counter to my Luna Wolves, where as my Luna Wolves are a highly mobile heavy armour attack force my Iron Warriors are going to be a infantry heavy siege army. The other factor is the most of the legion was a traitor force and I thought it would be a good rival to my Luna Wolves so if people come over to my place they can take either one of the armies out for a spin. 
Now the main goal is to have the army fully assembled this year and begin painting for the army this is going to be pretty big since im going to be painting these my self for the most part so I think its fair to say I may not have them all painted by the end of the year.  
THe army break down is going to be this. 
HQS
Perturabo
Nârik Dreygur - Finally getting him done
Warsmith 
Siege Breaker 
Banner 
Elites
Contemptor 
5 taratos pattern 
Troops
40 tactical marines 
Heavy support
20 Iron havocs 
2 basilisks
So as you can see if the army is all infantry minus the supporting Arty. Now this army will not be competive cause I prefer narrative gameplay and I rather have a fluffy army that looks good on the table. Despite it being a fluff army it should be fun to play and even as a allied detachment alongside my wolves it'll be fun to have them running and getting into the thick of it. 
Now the secondary goal is if I get this all painted and done up I will get the primarch commisioned painted to lead the army. 
Talons of the Emporer 
The second main goal to get done this year will be about 20 models that are right now getting commisioned painted by next year. It will be a small army but one I can use effectly as a small allied force. Now the first is of course small but is going to be 10 custodes and 10 sisters of Silence all built for close combat. I hope to use these only in narrative games as a loyalist commander. 
Small Table and Terrain. 
Since I did a recent move accross the country to BC and living on my own again I now got space and some room for a small gaming table. I want to build a solid amount of terrain to fill a 6X4 table and that I can change it up between games. I also want to make it so that I can use this for a few game system ( 40k, 30k, Bolt action, Force on Force) so this might be a mix of some prebought stuff plus some stuff i'll make on my own. Another thing is this may allow me to keep sane as I can take a break from all the marine painting and work on some terrain which I find to be zen. 
Blog Writing and Youtube. 
So this is one of the big things I want to do abit more in 2018. Since moving I got more time on my hands these days and with that I want to have a chance to do more progress reports and also show off abit more of what im doing for my army. In addition I wanted to get this stuff going full time and show off some of my passion for hobby. 

Secondary Goals
So the Secondary goals are only to happen if I get the other ones completed and I don't think i'll get to it but there is always a hope. So lets see if I can get to some of these by the end of 2018. 
German Army Bolt Action
So ive had a pretty large german army bolt action army and its still mostly in the box. Since moving to bc I found a few groups that have armies but since well its a secondary game its on the back burner. So the army is a mostly German army Heer as well as some fallschirmjäger. I do have a vechiles for the army including a tiger, a panther and a panzer iv with a few half tracks. This should be a fun army but since its another 60 infantry and with some frustrating kits to build these guys are on the back burner. 
Ultramarines Legion and 40k Primars Marines. 
So another Legion I am going to work on which orginally I was going to do for the build of is the Ultramarines Legion. This is going to be a small veteran force with some tanks from my old space marine army ( which is painted up already in scheme) but since I already have a large loyalist force these guys are on the back burner. Lastly thinking of painting up some of the new marine stuff in the ultramarine colour scheme with their primarch ( going to buy both ) so it should be a fun time. 
Running a Narrative Campaign
This is one thing I wanted to do the last few years but real life and a few other things keep getting in the way but its still a dream. Im hoping with a bigger scene in Vancouver i'll be able to try a fun little narrative Campaign. Long term I hope to run a global campgain which would be fun to do. 

So here you have it all and all my giant goals for 2018 and I hope i'll be able to achieve all the main goals this year and maybe even some of the secondary. I also hope people will also take this and try to write out their goals for 2018 or even some short goals for the next few months. Till next time everyone.

Comments